Buzludzha Monument – Abandoned communist building
The strange UFO looking abandoned building
The Buzludzha Monument was built by the Bulgarian communist regime to commemorate the events in 1891 when the socialists led by Dimitar Blagoev assembled secretly in the area to form an organised socialist movement with the founding of the Bulgarian Social Democratic Party, a fore-runner of the Bulgarian Communist Party. The Monument was opened in 1981.
No longer maintained by the Bulgarian government, it has fallen into disuse.